Thursday, June 26, 2008

Talibon Elementary School

Our second Deaf school was a two and a half hour drive up north. We follow basically the same routine with each school we go to. Talibon performed for us today, it's always so moving when they do. The video is now on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhFS7M_Jf_M, I love it! It brought me to tears. I didn't recognize the song, but it was moving nonetheless. You may have to turn up the volume to hear the song.

Also today the Lord spoke to sponsoring another child from this school. My other sponsor child is from Loon Elementary School, in which we'll visit Monday. This girl is in preschool and 5 years old. Her name is Rogelle and her family is very poor. She started school three weeks ago, as their school starts in June. Right now she has no language base and will only copy signs. I'll ask her what her name is and she'll just mimic what I sign. It's so sad, but I know when I see her again next year, she'll have a language base and will be able to communicate. I took MANY pictures of her and of her and me... I think my paparatzi-type behavior intrigued her though, because then she started following me everywhere. It was cute. I think she was a little scared of my big camera though. The picture is of her and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the picture of you two!! *hugs* you're doing really great!! praise Him! glad you didn't drown in the monsoon ;)