Sunday, August 30, 2009

Going Home!

Traveling in Hong Kong was so smooth. The last morning I got in a taxi which took me to the Airport Shuttle. This was on Hong Kong Island, but I was able to check my bags to the US. I boarded the Airport Shuttle with my backpack and headed to the airport. I went smoothly through customs and found my gate. I didn't have my normal coffee this morning, as I only had a few hours of sleep and I was hoping to fall asleep quickly on the plane. That didn't happen. I had a quick layover in Narita, Japan, and flew off to Seattle. I didn't sleep on that plane either. Maybe I was just too excited to be home again!



My parents picked me up with my niece, Jane in tow. It was 9:30 AM and I hadn't slept in quite a while. My mom informed me that we were making jam with my sister-in-law, Cailyn. First stop prior to getting home? You guessed it! Starbucks! Making jam was a little foggy, as by the time I went to sleep, I had been up for 38 hours.



Philippines was awesome as always, I love my ministry there. I love my friends. I love to watch the Lord do more amazing things year after year.



Hong Kong was spectacular and exciting! It was the big city and I love exploring!



China... maybe I'll see you in another 20 years? I'm glad I went, as I would have regretted not trying to go, but maybe it's not the safest place to go alone ;-)



If you are reading this, thank you! Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your support. Thank you for listening to my heart. Thank you for listening to my stories. Thank you for caring. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Norm and Barb Aune said...

"Jipped as a kid." On the contrary, Kari. The reason you could stomach the "racketball" is because of your extensive eating experiences as a child. Great Blog. I felt as I was walking, riding in the taxi, and exploring right with you. Congrats on being the first Aune to return to Guangzhou. You did it! Thanks for taking me along. Love, DAD