Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday, July 9th - Philippines to Hong Kong

It was a busy day yesterday, and then arriving home, I had to pack to leave. The team had one more day in the Philippines, as they were leaving Friday. I was leaving early, because of a miscommunication on my part. It was a bittersweet ending, as it was SO fruitful and amazing see the Lord work as He did, yet I was exhausted - we were busy! I love the Philippines, I love the Filipinos, I love the Deaf here and feel as if they are my "kindred spirit". I will miss them greatly, thinking about them everyday! Joshua drove me to the airport and I said good-bye to Bohol. I arrived in Manila, with a six hour lay over and then headed to Hong Kong.

I went back to the house of our friends where I was able to relax, and get ready for my five full days in Hong Kong. Jill Shull, the wife of our family friends, had left a letter where she had given several ideas of places to visit. I was prioritizing my week, and trying to figure out transportation at the same time. I hung out with the Schull's "helper" and then went to bed, I was tired.

No comments: