Monday, July 5, 2010

July 3, 2010 - More HARVEST!!



This morning started off, knowing it'd be similar to last Saturday with the Deaf. I taught the message again, about salvation. It was a very basic message changing it a little from last week. It was amazing again! The Lord totally spoke! The biggest difference was that I had an interpreter! I would speak a few sentences and then Along, the local pastor, would translate into the local Filipino dialect. I love to see the reaction of the students' faces when they seem to "get it". I prayed at the end and then asked the students if they wanted Jesus' peace, to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Many hands, between 20-30, raised their hands and prayed the salvation prayer. It was OVERWHELMING!!!

The rest of the day was pretty similar to the Deaf Saturday, still really hot! We played relay games, a water balloon games, and made bracelets and tie-dye t-shirts. After lunch and siesta, we had pool time. I again didn't swim, as there were even more students in the pool than last weekend. Instead, I spent some time with some girls painting our toenails. Of course I needed to change my nail color for my much needed feet pictures!


After dinner and court games we held our yearly talent show! We were laughing so hard at some of the talents. There were two guys who danced so well, that won they show. They could probably compete on "So You Think You Can Dance" in America! We then performed our dramas with in-depth explanations between. A few more hands were raised! What a great day!

No comments: