Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 27, 2010 - Beach Day



Today was our last full day with BDA. We started off the morning with church. I taught again, the message again being about salvation. Here's a picture of me signing, "hands". Our verse for the weekend was Romans 10:9. The students don't think some of the verses that mention 'mouth,' 'talk,' or 'tongue' apply to them because they don't commicate with their mouth. We discussed this and I substituted the word 'mouth' in this verse, with the word 'hands'. The students seemed to get it and apply it more. Again, it was amazing! The Lord gave me a few examples to show the kids in a more visual way, that Jesus wants a relationship with us and sin blocks that relationship. It was an amazing time and at the end, at least 8 students raised their hands.

We then took the students to the Nature Resort Beach Club. We had a fun time swimming, diving off the island and swimming out to the floats. Zach, a team member, came and found me at one point, because one of his Deaf friends was ready to accept Christ. My team members often bring the students to me, since I have the language to really communicate with them. Most of time, the team members do not sign and either communicate on paper or through gestures. So to make sure this was something Ralph really wanted to do, Zach brought him to me. I always ask the students a few questions that let me know if they really do understand the decision they are about to make. Ralph was in and I led him in a prayer to accept Christ. When we were getting up to finish, Jenry, a Deaf student came up to me and said that she was ready. She and I are pictured to the left. I asked her the same questions as Ralph and she was good to go! Yea, how amazing to be praying with students on the beach! I was SO excited! However, our day with the Deaf was soon closing. I took a shower and we all departed the resort, knowing we would see our friends one last time for their Bible study.

Our team had the evening free, so we went to BQ to do some shopping. I took our grocery list and had at it, meeting the team later at Pizza Hut. We enjoyed the American food and took off for home. I was SO exhausted! At 7:30 I made my way back to my bed. Not only was I sleep deprived, I was emotionally and spiritually spent. What an amazing weekend!!!

No comments: