Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 30, 2010 - Dolphin Watching!

Today we spent the day on the water, watching dolphins, snorkeling, diving off the boat and doing back flips off the boat. We weren't planning on being able to do this, this year, because we are here for a shorter time. However, today the new Philippine President is being inaugurated in Manila. The entire country is shut down so they can watch it on TV. We weren't sure what we were going to do, as no school was open. Joshua surprised us with this trip! We were down at the Loay pier at 5:30am ready to go! It was a BEAUTIFUL day! We were able to see a lot of dolphins and do a lot of snorkeling. Lot's of sunblock was used... but I still got fried.

We arrived home and I instantly jumped in the pool. It was cold, just what my burn needed. I sat there for a long time, needing to cool off. I then sat in my room for a long while with aloe plastered all across my chest, upper back and front legs. Please pray, as I am sitting here typing this two days later, I now have little blisters forming on my chest and back. I knew I would blister but I'm thankful it's not worse than it is.

We relaxed tonight, had our morning Bible study after dinner, and had a long group discussion. Typically we'll have time a few times a week to have in-depth discussions with the team about spiritual issues. This year though, it's been so busy and we've been out late almost every night, we haven't been able to. It was great to share, encourage and hear where the students are coming from.

No comments: