Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BDA Weekend

Friday morning I was up as usual, starting my day with a quiet time, sunrise, cup of coffee, and jungle sounds surrounding me. After completing our team Bible study a while later, we started "Silent Retreat Day" which consisted of 3 hours of silence, talking to God, reading His word and worshiping him. I spent my time working on my 4 teaching times that weekend with the Deaf. As usual, the Lord totally spoke and I got a lot done. l was getting excited for their arrival!


After we all ate lunch, we traveled to Calun Sun Norte for our usual routine. I taught a bunch of gals how to jump double-dutch with lousy jump ropes. That's one thing I need to add to my list for next year, buy double dutch ropes to bring to each school. We left there a bit later than we had planned, so we arrived at the house just 2 minutes before the BDA students started to arrive. We enjoyed a time of fellowship and chatting prior to eating dinner. After dinner, I gave a short message about the 5 Ws + 1 H of Jesus. We ended up with a short sentences describing Jesus: Jesus (who) watches over me (what) all the time (when) everywhere (where) because he loves me (why) and died for me (how). It was short and sweet! We then concluded the night with more basketball, volleyball and chatting on the court.

It was so fun to see old friends that have come in years past, but also be reacquainted with new first year high school students that I remembered or not from the elementary schools. I had a great conversation with Mary Ann, who wanted to accept Jesus Christ... she was almost in tears because she wanted that relationship so badly, but wanted to wait and ask her parents' permission first. She is a 1st year high school student and 16 years old. We had a long talk, and I told her that I would pray for her. I could see the internal struggle in her. Excited for the next day, we went to bed a lot later than planned, but I think most everyone was excited to be there.

No comments: