Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sagbayan

On Thursday, June 30th... wow, I'm really behind on my blog! Sorry! It's now Thursday July 7th and I am now writing this. We've been very busy and when I have a few minutes to spare, often times our internet doesn't work. On this Thursday we drove two hours to Sagbayan Elementary, a Deaf school. It was very hot, but we played outside for a bit. While getting ready to perform our dramas, we saw a black coming in the distance. A few minutes later it hit. It absolutely poured, rain hitting the tin roof for so long. It was hard to hear anything in the noise, including the music for our dramas. It made me thankful we were performing for the Deaf. The students did great and many students raised their hands and prayed the salvation prayer. When we were done with the dramas, Mary Joy, a sixth grader, came up to me to ask me questions about Christ. I was able to talk with her a bit and she ended up accepting Christ. It's always exciting and stirring to pray with someone who is wanting to have a relationship with Jesus. We finished up our routine at the school, leaving and saying goodbye with about 4 inches of rain in the yard. Crazy weather!!!





We left and drove to the Chocolate Hills. We climbed the 213 steps to the top, only to find the area quite cloudy. We could see one hill in front of us, but the usually multitude of hills in the horizon were not visible. It was a bummer for those who had never seen them before. We left soon after, and headed home for a night of dinner and prayer.














No comments: