Monday, July 27, 2009

Tuesday, June 30 – Dolphin watching!

We were up at 4am, and on a jeepney by 4:45 to get to the dolphin watching pier by 5:15. Every year I’ve gone I’ve never seen a dolphin, so this year we were really hoping to see a few. We headed out on a banca boat and actually saw dolphins!!! They would swim right next to our boat, like they were playing with us! It was so fun! However, this was when the huge disappointment hit me… my camera stopped working! Yes, my nice Canon Rebel that takes amazing pictures, that I carry everywhere! Oi… what do you do when you are in another country, in the middle of the jungle, when your camera breaks? Nothing. So this is where my pictures stop... I will hopefully soon get some pictures from a friend, but until then... sorry.

We then stopped off at Pamilacan Island to rent snorkels. We snorkeled around in the water, spending a lot of time just playing around, jumping off the boat. I made sure I could still back flip and back dive off the boat.

On our way back home, we stopped at a knife shop. This shop is on the main road, on the circumferance of the island. At the shop we turn onto the barrio road, to get to our house. Today we stopped, which is typically a long process, now longer with 30 people on the team. People pick out beautiful, ornamental knives to give away as souveniers and then bargin for the price. A few ladies and I decide to take a walk, heading back to the house. Through the hills we travel, hoping to not make it very far, is it's VERY hilly and hot. We stopped to talk to a woman who knew great English... as we left, we heard the bus coming.

We arrived home at 11:30... it was weird, as we felt like we had a full day of activity, because we had woken up at 4. The day was fun, but not over. We left around 3 for Tambangan Elementary which was close to our house, to do our usual VBS type day. It was a fun, full day.

That evening, I had an amazing opportunity to have a close conversation with one of the girls on the trip. We talked a long time, and prayed a lot. I love those opportunities to just love on the girls, who have been hurt a lot. Jesus is so tender in these times, I love it.

No comments: